If you have more questions, please contact admissions office:
- Address: E16-1 Bldg., Rm#108, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-338, Republic of Korea
- Phone: +82-42-350-4801
- Fax: +82-42-350-2420
Before you ask, please find more useful links below:
Transfer system: we do not have transfer program for international students. You have to apply as a freshman student.
English courses: English is the medium of instruction in KAIST. Few specific courses are given in Korean but international students can substitute for others taught in English (Regardless of major).
Major: Students will be enrolled without declaring a major. In KAIST, students can select and work on their major from 2nd year.
They then are free to choose from KAIST’s majors, without any additional requirements or admission procedures.
3. Online application website: (only opens for online application period) https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/InterApply
4. Admission webpage: http://admission.kaist.ac.kr/international/
5. Scholarships: http://admission.kaist.ac.kr/international/?page_id=12
There is no separate application process for scholarship. Application to KAIST includes the KAIST Scholarship section. Almost all accepted students are offered KAIST scholarship.
Please do not ask about the eligibility for the scholarship — if you can successfully show your competencies in math and science subjects, we will offer the admission with the full scholarship.
6. Majors (College, Department info)/ Courses: https://io.kaist.ac.kr/menu/io.do?mguid=DB40EAEC-15E5-E511-9407-2C44FD7DFE1D
International undergraduate program admission inquiries
Given the high volume of emails we receive, it is possible that we will be unable to provide a personal response to your message. We give priority to questions that are not answered on our website. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited email attachments or application materials via email.